When that old refrigerator, stove, dryer or washer has worked into its golden years, it needs a proper send-off to the big recycling center in the sky.
To that end, officials in Town of East Haven have scheduled the next semi-annual pick
up of appliances and metals during October. The work will be performed by Trash Master, LLC, the Town’s refuse contractor.
Here's the schedule:
For all 1-3 family residences:
- All appliances (refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, etc) and all metals must be placed at the curb by Monday, October 21, 6 a.m.
- This special pickup is for appliances and metals ONLY.
- Residents are asked to refrain from placing regular acceptable bulk items on the curb during this week.
- Items should be set out on the curb no earlier than five days before the scheduled pick up.
For Condominiums only:
- Condominium bulk pick-up will be Saturday, October 12 and appliance and metal pick-up has been scheduled for Saturday, October 19.
- Condo owners will be notified of the procedure to be followed at their location, by their property managers.
Items acceptable are in accordance with East Haven Municipal Refuse, Waste and Recycling Program. For further information, residents can call Trash Master, at 466-2668.