The New Year's celebration for 2013 has come and gone, which means so has Jan. 1: the date municipal taxes are due.
And time is running out to make that payment for the second installment for all real estate, personal property and supplemental motor vehicle taxes on the Grand List of Oct. 1, 2011 — before accounts are considered delinquent.
Tax payments must be in the mail or paid in person to the Town of East Haven Tax Department, 250 Main Street, by Feb. 1. Bills not paid by that time will be marked as past due.
If you lost or did not receive your tax bill, call 203–468–3307 to get a copy.
Online Tax Payments
In addition to the mail and in-person payments, the East Haven Tax Department also accepts online payments via credit cards and E-checks.
And there are three different ways to pay:
- Call 1–800–2PayTax (1–800–272–9829)
- Use your Credit Card online at www.officialpayments.com
- Pay with an E-check online at www.officialpayments.com/echeck
The East Haven jurisdiction code is "1782" for the Officials Payments service.
Town officials note, however, that the taxpayer is responsible for all fees associated with online payments.
New Tool to View Tax Bills Online
Additionaly, a new service became available to East Haven taxpayers last month. Through the online service, residents can view their property tax bills, print a duplicate record from a computer and see at any payments that have been made on an account.
Here is how it works:
1. Just click this link www.mytaxbill.org for East Haven
2. Click the "I AGREE" button on the first screen.
3. Enter one of the following: Bill Number or Property Location or Tax Payer Name.
4. Make selections at the bottom and click the "Search" button.
5. Then all your Revenue Records will be listed at the bottom of the screen.
6. Click on a blue "Bill #UID" and view, save, or print the bill record.
You can call 203–468–3307 with questions regarding tax collection issues. If you have questions regarding real estate assessment, call the Assessor's Office at 203–468–3233.
The East Haven Tax Department is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.