There will be a primary in East Haven on Tuesday, September 10 to decide which Democrat in town will be the candidate for Mayor on the November ticket.
The primary is between Democrats John "Jack" Stacey, the DTC's endorsed candidate, and Gary DePalma.
- You must be a registered Democrat to vote in this primary
- If you are currently registered un-affiliated, you can enroll in the Democratic party by noon on Sept. 9.
- You cannot change your enrollment from a major party (such as the Republican party) to another major party (such as the Democratic party) before Sept. 10 as the deadline to do so has passed.
- If you are a new voter, you can register to vote by mail five days before the primary, or Sept. 5. After that date, you need to come to East Haven Town Hall Registrars of Voters offices (lower level) to register to vote. You can register in person by Sept. 9 at noon to vote in the primary. The Registrars of Voters offices are open Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
- Voting will take place from 6am to 8pm on Sept. 10 at all five voting districts and the two sub-districts.
- Absentee ballots are available (and have been since Aug. 20). Please call the town clerk's office at 203-468-3201 to request an application or come to their offices at town hall.