Members of the East Haven Haven Fire Department are going bald for a good cause.
Several firefighters with the department will have their heads shaved on Feb. 22 as part of their annual fundraising effort to support the work of the St. Baldrick's Foundation.
Last year, the East Haven Fire team raised more than $9,000 for St. Baldrick's, which supports research and education in the battle against childhood cancer.
The 2014 EHFD fundraising team, made up of both professional and volunteer members, is:
- Joe Ciscone, member Local 1205
- Gordon Stewart, member Local 1205
- Robbie Black, member Local 1205
- Will Heiney, member Local 1205
- Chris Rosa, member Local 1205
- Lee Jacobs,, member Local 1205
- Steve Brunelle, volunteer EHFD Co. 1
- Chuck Mingrone, volunteer EHFD Co. 1
- Craig Riccitelli, volunteer EHFD Co. 1
- Anthony Deko, volunteer EHFD Co. 1
- Mike Vance, volunteer EHFD Co. 1
- Raymond Kline, member East Haven Emergency Telecommunicators and volunteer EHFD Co. 1
The East Haven Fire team has set a fundraising goal of $10,00 and currently has raised $316.
Other area fire departments also annually participate in the local event, which will be held at O'Toole's Irish Bar in New Haven.
Residents who would like to support the East Haven Haven team's fundraising effort can donate online to the drive here. Or, print out EHFD's donation form, which has been shared above.