East Haven Fall Festival Resumes After Storm Passes Through

The feature performance of The Duprees is expected to begin close to the original 9:30 p.m. starting time, weather permitting.

The following are festival updates provided by the .

Updated at 8:45 p.m.

After consultation, the fall festival committee asked the sound company to begin the process of setting up with the hopes of being able to go on with the main act for the evening: The Duprees.

Weather seems to indicate there is a small window of opportunity to try to get the entertainment resumed.

There will be no other act nor any opening ceremony so as not to delay the feature act.

The show is expected to begin close to the original 9:30 p.m. starting time, once again weather permitting.

As you can see every attempt is being made to salvage this evening.

Update at 6:55 p.m.

After consultation with public safety officials, the has temporarily ceased operations due to the in the next 40 minutes or so.

The committee has asked residents to leave the green and wait out the weather in their vehicles or a secure building.

It appears East Haven may be spared the most severe weather. However the possibility still exits of an electrical storm with some gusty winds.

In the interest of the safety of all who are on the green, the committee has decided to suspend tonight's program with the hope that once the weather passes, they may resume the rest of the evening's activities.

This will include the feature act: The Duprees!

Original Story

While the has always been a rain or shine event, the festival committee is closely monitoring this afternoon and evening.

The festival will remain open as long as it continues to be safe to do so.

In the event a large or dangerous storm approaches the festival: residents, volunteers and vendors may be asked to take shelter until the event passes.

Tonight's scheduled attraction The Duprees is still scheduled to begin at 9:30 p.m. The committee will make every effort to have that very popular attraction appear as scheduled.

Depending on the timing of severe weather, it is possible that the committee may delay their performance until it is safe to resume normal activities in the .

However there will be no rain date for this performance.

FCF September 08, 2012 at 06:53 PM
The Fall Festival will go forward with the schedule as published. There are no changes for Saturday evening at this time. If dangerous weather approaches residents, volunteers and vendors will take shelter until the storm passes.
Julie Weisberg (Editor) September 08, 2012 at 07:04 PM
FCF: Thanks again for the update!!
FCF September 08, 2012 at 11:21 PM
East Haven Fall Festival has temporarily closed due to impending bad weather. Please leave the green now. The storm should pass in the next 40 minutes. We hope once the weather passes to continue with our evening schedule.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »