The National Weather Service has issued a freeze warning for East Haven, as well as most of the rest of the shoreline, from 10 p.m. Sunday night through to 9 a.m. Monday morning.
"The freezing temperatures will kill crops and other sensitive vegetation, bringing an end to the growing season," according to the NWS.
And so, if you're looking to keep the last blooms on your potted plants, you'll want to bring them indoors.
The good news is it will warm up a bit by the middle of the week. Here's a look at the NWS forecast for the next few days:
- Monday - Sunny, with a high near 47. North wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Monday Night - Partly cloudy, with a low around 32. Northeast wind around 7 mph.
- Tuesday - Partly sunny, with a high near 51. Northeast wind around 6 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night - Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.
- Wednesday - Partly sunny, with a high near 64.