For example, there's the brother-sister team of Barbara and R.J. Popora, and sisters Brittanie and Alexis Mazzaro, all members of the band or color guard.
As East Haven resident and self-declared band mother Michelle Petroccio pointed out, the number of siblings who have been involved with band over the years is incredible!
"When sibling follows sibling, it's a great thing," said Petroccio, who can count her son William, who graduated this year, and daughter Olivia, a freshman, as a perfect example.
There's even an aunt and niece pairing.
The Class IIA marching band, who have won national, regional and state awards, is directed by Matthew Laudano.
Here's a list of the siblings (some involved today, some have graduated) in the band:
- William ('13 graduate) and Olivia (freshman) Petroccio
- Alexis (senior drum major) and Autumn (8th grade band) Hernandez
- Barbara ('12 graduate) and R.J. (sophomore drum line) Popora
- Brittanie ('12 graduate) and Alexis (sophomore pit percussion) Mazzaro
- Emily (senior woodwinds) and Samuel (freshman trumpet) Pastor
- Sean ('13 graduate saxophone) and Gillian (8th grade flute and color guard) Manley
- Joseph ('13 graduate) and Danielle (sophomore color guard) Caruso
- Michael (senior) and Haley (freshman color guard) Jaziorkowski
- Nicholas ('13 graduate drums) and Ava (freshman color guard) Carrano
- Angie Milano (sophomore color guard) and her aunt Catherine Valesquez ('10 graduate, captain of color guard)