The 3 to 5 inches of snow expected to fall throughout this morning and into the late afternoon has led to a the closure of the East Haven School District.
The winter weather advisory issued by the National Weather Service for East Haven and much of the rest of the region will remain in effect until 5 p.m. Precipitation is expected to taper off during the first part of tonight's evening rush hour.
Today's snow falls on top of yesterday's early morning combination of snow and sleet, which led to a 90-minute delay for all the town's schools Monday.
Share Your Snow & Holiday Photos
With the season's first significant snowfall draped over the shoreline's landscape, it's a perfect opportunity for taking photos!
So don't forget to share them in our community photo gallery!
Have a few favorite holiday-themed pics? We've got a special spot for you to post and share those too!
The good news is, although tonight and tomorrow are expected to be windy and cold, no new snow or sleet is predicted to fall until this weekend.
The upcoming forecast from the NWS is as follows:
- Tonight - Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 18. West wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Wednesday - Increasing clouds, with a high near 31. West wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Wednesday Night - Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. West wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Thursday - Sunny, with a high near 27. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night - Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Friday - Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night - Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Saturday - Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night - Rain or freezing rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday - Partly sunny, with a high near 40.