Many of us celebrated the first few days of spring, which officially arrived this past week on Wednesday, by taking a walk in the woods or on the beach.
If you're not quite ready to jump into the water yet, the beaches are a great place to go for a walk. A great starting place for a walk is, of course, the East Haven Town Beach.
Just a bit farther down the shoreline, Hammonasset Beach State Park is another great place to walk. You can walk on the beach or, if that's too windy, there are plenty of trails and roadways that give you some protection from the wind.
For a list, check out the Shoreline Greenway Trail for more information.
Here's the forecast for East Haven for the next few days from the National Weather Service:
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. Northwest wind 6 to 11 mph increasing to 13 to 18 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.
- Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 45. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night: A slight chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday: A chance of snow before 1pm, then a chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 50%.